RENAULT CONTINUES ITS PRODUCT OFFENSIVE WITH THE EUROPEAN PREMIERE OF ALL-NEW KOLEOS AND KOLEOS INITIALE PARIS
- All-New Renault Koleos makes its European debut at Mondial De L’Automobile Paris 2016
- D-segment SUV combines muscular style with the elegant refinement of a large saloon
- Koleos features class-leading interior space and advanced four-wheel drive technology
- On sale in the UK summer 2017
- Launch of Koleos sees Renault offer a crossover in every segment
- Koleos one of five new production Renault models having their European debut at the Paris Motor Show
- Renault now has the youngest model range in Europe
Originally unveiled in Beijing, the All-New Renault Koleos has made its European Debut at Mondial De L’Automobile Paris 2016.
The All-New Koleos rounds out Renault’s high-end model range by effortlessly blending the rugged style of an SUV with the elegant refinement of a large saloon. This bona fide D-segment SUV incorporates all of the traditional features expected in its class, while adding Renault’s acknowledged expertise in the realms of comfort and practicality.
Due to arrive in the UK during summer 2017, the All-New Koleos boasts a powerful stance that sets it apart from its rivals, while also providing a comfortable, well-appointed interior that offers class-leading space for passengers, including 289mm of rear knee room. Standard equipment is shared with other high-end Renault models, such as the R-LINK 2 multimedia tablet.
Benefiting from the latest four-wheel drive technology and ground clearance of 213mm, the All-New Koleos complements its exceptional refinement with all-terrain ability.
Conceived and meticulously thought through to meet the demands of exacting customers on every continent, the new Koleos comes at a time when SUVs are enjoying strong growth in many markets. For many consumers, this will be their first opportunity to experience Renault in their segment of choice.
ALL-NEW RENAULT KOLEOS INITIALE PARIS
“With the Initiale Paris signature, the new Koleos establishes itself as one of Renault’s highest-end models. It offers the ultimate in Renault in-car comfort and services, while maintaining the new Koleos’ intrinsic qualities of robustness and practicality.”
Philippe Brunet – D/E-Segment Programme Director
Renault has selected the Paris Motor Show to take the wraps off the new Koleos Initiale Paris, a high-end version of the model that will go on sale in certain European markets in spring 2017.
Exclusive styling and equipment
Following in the footsteps of the Espace, Talisman and Clio, the new Koleos has adopted the Initiale Paris signature, synonymous with the very last word in Renault comfort and features. The new Koleos Initiale Paris comes extremely well-appointed and is set to turn heads with its exclusive Améthyste Black paint scheme – with dark metallic purple hues – not to mention its specific interior design and ambience.
An eye-catching exterior design
The new Koleos’ powerful, muscular design incorporates stylistic exterior details that are unmistakable hallmarks of the Initiale Paris signature:
- An exclusive Améthyste Black metallic finish, in addition to the range’s eight other standard colours,
- Exclusive 19-inch diamond-cut wheels,
- Specific exterior badging at the front, underneath the Renault logo, specific decorative mouldings on the front wings.
Painstaking attention paid to interior comfort
The interior of the new Koleos Initiale Paris is distinguishable from the rest of the range through specific detailing and standard equipment, including:
- Black or grey-patterned full-grain Nappa leather upholstery,
- Full-grain Nappa leather-trimmed steering wheel and gear lever,
- Specific dashboard and door panel trims,
- Leather-trimmed instrument panel with top-stitching,
- Heated and ventilated front seats with six-way electric adjustment, plus two-way lumbar-adjustment for the driver’s seat,
- Laminated side windows for improved acoustic comfort,
- Initiale Paris badging inside on the door sills, steering wheel insert, top of the front seat backs (embossed) and decorative trim on the back of the front headrests, Exclusive carpet mats,
- Specific Initiale Paris hands-free card,
- A broad range of driver aids including: Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS); Lane Departure Warning (LDW); Safe Distance Warning (SDW); Traffic Sign Recognition with Over Speed Prevention (TSR with OSP); Blind Spot Warning (BSW); Tiredness Detection Warning; reversing camera; automatic high/low beam; front, rear and side parking sensors; and Easy Park Assist (hands-free parking),
- R-LINK 2 system with 8.7-inch portrait-format screen,
- BOSE® audio system with 13 high-performance loudspeakers
- Full-LED Pure Vision headlights.
Carefully selected for its visual and tactile qualities and exceptional comfort, full-grain Nappa leather is at the very heart of the Initiale Paris trim level. During the course of its tanning, this leather goes through a milling stage in order to bring out the natural grain. This ensures that the leather remains smooth and supple. The top-stitching and the sewing of the leather trim on the seats are carried out manually to guarantee meticulous craftsmanship.
The Initiale Paris signature for specially tailored services and exclusive sales outlets
Renault has paid particularly close attention to the quality of the experience and services associated with its Initiale Paris signature.
The Initiale Paris experience
Beyond its intrinsic attributes and exclusive benefits, the new Koleos Initiale Paris stands out for the unique services it offers, as well as for the hallmark first class travelling comfort associated with the Renault brand:
- A dedicated call centre, designed to provide constructive, tailored responses to requests for assistance in the event of any issues. These call centres are capable of making appointments within 24 hours,
- Depending on market, a range of optional services aimed at facilitating the lives of owners, including a vehicle collection and return service, the provision of a courtesy car when their car is off the road for servicing and a valet of the customer’s vehicle.
FIVE NEW MODELS AT THE PARIS MOTOR SHOW: A COMPLETELY REFRESHED RENAULT RANGE THAT IS THE YOUNGEST IN EUROPE
The vitality of Renault’s product plan is underlined by the introductions of the new Koleos, the new Grand Scénic, the new Mégane Grand Coupe, the facelifted Clio and the Alaskan.
Since the launch of the fourth-generation Clio in 2012, Renault has completely upgraded and expanded its range. In the space of just four years, no fewer than 11 new models have been launched, while 15 others have been refreshed. Not only is Renault the world’s leading French car manufacturer, but the brand now also boasts the youngest range in Europe.
The latest restyled version of the brand’s emblematic new Clio is being shown to the public for the very first time.
The new Mégane Grand Coupe and the new Grand Scénic round off the mainstream range which now offers a host of innovative technologies. Available for all of Renault’s new models, from the Mégane to the Espace, R-LINK 2 acts as a control centre by managing the vehicle’s various functions (multimedia, navigation, telephone, radio, Multi-Sense, driving aids, 4Control etc.). Its 7-inch landscape or 8.7-inch portrait-format display is particularly clear and carefully designed for in-car use.
The new Scénic marks the introduction of three new safety innovations to the Renault range: Lane Keeping Assist, Active Emergency Braking System with Pedestrian Detection and Tiredness Detection.
With the launch of the Kwid, Captur, Kaptur, Kadjar and Koleos, Renault now markets a crossover in every segment. Along with the new Espace and the saloon and estate versions of the Talisman, the introduction of the new Koleos – an SUV destined for a global marketplace – has seen Renault totally revamp its high-end range.
Following the Latin American launch of the Duster Oroch half-tonne pick-up, Renault boosted its ambitions in this market with late-June’s introduction of the Alaskan, the brand’s first one-tonne pick-up.