Announcing the Peugeot E-Lion Project. Peugeot’s approach to electrification is a well-researched response to the needs of a changing world.
Peugeot is on track to deliver bold targets for electrification:
- 2023: Every model in the Peugeot line-up will be electrified
- 2025: Peugeot will have a 100% electric offer
- 2030: 100% of Peugeot’s sold in Europe will be 100% electric
The 5 E’s of the E-Lion Project
1. Ecosystem: our ecosystem of products and services, based on the STLA enablers,
2. Experience: the end-to-end customer experience, from charging to connectivity,
3. Electric: all of this is based on 100% battery electric – and our commitment to having a 100% BEV line-up by 2025,
4. Efficiency: our obsession with maximising performance, minimising kilowatt consumption (12.5 kWh/100km for E-208),
5. Environment: all with the end goal of sustainability and our commitment to achieve Carbon Net Zero by 2038.
Peugeot will be releasing 5 new EV’s within a two year period, these being the: E-308, E-308 SW (first European electric estate), E-408, E-3008 and E-5008.
The electric 308 and 308 SW will be powered by a brand-new electric engine, developing 115 kW (156 bhp) and with a range of over 400 km (WLTP cycle). This offer is a no-compromise response, with segment-leading efficiency, with an average energy consumption of 12.7 kWh.
Peugeot is introducing new hybrid technology with MHEV 48v and we will have a strong roll out in this year with 208, 2008, 308, 3008, 5008 and 408.
The PEUGEOT Hybrid 48V system consists of a new-generation 100hp or 136hp PureTech petrol engine, coupled to an unprecedented 6-speed electrified dual-clutch gearbox (E-DCS6) which incorporates an electric motor (21 kW). Thanks to a battery that recharges while driving, this technology offers increased low-end torque and a 15% reduction in fuel consumption (from 126g of CO2/km in 3008). In urban driving, a C-segment SUV equipped with the HYBRID system can thus operate more than 50% of the time in 100% zero-emission electric mode. It also allows you to drive in zero emission mode in urban use
The E-Lion Project Innovation and Design
Peugeot’s new BEV-by-design line up will be supported by Stellantis tech platforms, providing an exciting base to develop future designs.
- Re-imagined Proportions – more flexibility and freedom to reimagine the overall proportions of the vehicle
- New Perspectives – a totally new design language
- Rethinking Space – rethinking the interior space and function
- Exploring Gestures – steer by wire lets us explore completely new ways to control the vehicle.
This has enabled the creation of the Hypersquare and the next generation of intelligent i-COCKPIT® with a completely new HMI to be launched from 2026.
The onboard experience is facilitated by STLA tech enablers.
- STLA-BRAIN, the nerve centre and central intelligence of the car, loaded OTA
- STLA-SMARTCOCKPIT, the correction to your digital life, on and-off board
- STLA-AUTODRIVE, the future of autonomous driving
Collaborations with the world’s leading pure players, such as Amazon and Foxconn ensure that new technology is always delivered in service of an amazing experience.
Two types of offers, just like your mobile phone:
• Peugeot As You Go: A pay as you go offer with monthly payments, based on a mileage allowance. For example, in France, the E208 starts from just 150 € per month including 500km. Customers can top up with additional kms as required, at just 7 cents per km. PEUGEOT are looking to expand this initiative across the line-up and across other markets.
• Peugeot Your Way: A single monthly payment includes the car lease, all servicing and maintenance, insurance and even charging. All of the costs of ownership in one simple payment. But unlike their mobile phone, customers won’t be locked into a long-term commitment. If circumstances change, they can upgrade their car or simply hand it back.
Check out our website to browse Peugeots current EV Range.